Fertility treatment is a huge financial and emotional investment for couples and finding the best fertility clinic for you and your partner is important to make sure that you have a favorable outcome.
Although rarely advertized, the best fertility clinics all typically have a specialty such as egg donation, pregnancy at 40, premature ovarian failure, early menopause, etc. Interviewing clinics or going online to their websites to find answers to the following questions may help you determine whether or not this is the best fertility clinic for you.
It is important to know:
- How many years has the clinic been offering each of their services?
- Do they have a specific specialty in their clinic?
- Do any of their doctors have additional training, degrees, or certifications in sub-specialties within the clinic?
- Does the fertility clinic participate in research studies of their own or contribute to others? If so, in what area?
- What is the average age of their clients?
These questions are likely to get you more information from the fertility clinic about what specialties they are most familiar with and how their strengths can best help you and your partner conceive your child.